Binh Thuan Province is rich in human and natural potentialities that are good advantages for developing tourism and service sector. The province has the coastal line of nearly 200 km with many beautiful beaches such as Mui Ne, Ca Na, Cu Lao Cau and so on. Cu Lao Cau is a small and young island rising in the middle of the sea, located in Tuy Phong District, Binh Thuan, about 9 km away from the seashore. Tourists can spend 30 or 40 minutes to get there by boat. This island stays about 119 km away from Phan Thiet City to the Northeast.
Cu Lao Cau island is characterised by rocky outcrops, with sandy beaches on the north and south sides. The highest point on the island is 27m. It covers a long distance of over 1.500m with the widest area of nearly 700m and the highest one of 7m above sea level. The entire island is surrounded by tens of thousands of cliff blocks of different colors and shapes. From the main land, it looks like a big warship. It is really interesting when having a condition to observe the whole island carefully. Around this isle, the water is always clean and blue. When the tide goes down, on the seashore we can see numerous beautiful shells and corals pleasing the tourists’eyes.
Quite many kinds of sea creatures living around this island. It would be very great if tourists bring a fishing rod and some preys to fish. On the island, there is also a fresh water well, which is called a Fairy Well from an old book. Although the water amount is small, the well is the sort of permanent leaking water.
Fringing coral reefs can be found around Cu Lao Cau island and platform reefs on submerged banks. The reefs are pristine, with an average cover of 43%. This site supports the highest diversity of hermatypic corals known in Vietnam. There are more than 65 genera of coral known here, including Acropora, Goniopora, Montipora, Porites, and Favia. There is also a small area of seagrass beds. Sea currents from the north and south converge near Hon Cau-Vinh Hao, with strong upwelling. The area has high productivity, with 175 phytoplankton species, 163 seaweed species, 147 coral species, 80 mollusc species, 46 crustacean species, 26 echinoderm species and 211 fish species so far recorded here.
Cu Lao Cau island is one of the places that has Vietnam’s best ecological environment. With beautiful neglected beach, presently, it is has been planned to be a marine life preservation zone and an eco tourist site. The island will promisingly become an ideal ecological tourist attraction.
More Vietnam Destinations:
- Ha Long Bay – a magnificent magical destination
- Ninh Binh province – a huge tourism potential
- Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Hương) – “the first ranking Southern grotto”
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong, “South second nicest grotto”
- Lai Chau – a beautiful mountainous land
- Sapa, the fanciful town in fog
- Hoi An Old Town – an ancient Beauty of Vietnam
- Mỹ Sơn Holy land – a masterpiece of Chăm Architecture
- Quang Tri and the Demilitarised Zone
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a famous Vietnam’s historical relic
- Da Lat – a flowerful town of romance
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Coconut palms, the symbol of Ben Tre
- Floating markets – the outstanding in Mekong Delta
- Van Phong Bay, impressive and unforgettable...
- A mysterious, charming lady-like land...
- A tranquil destination for visitors!
- The Mekong Delta in brief
- Beautiful sceneries in the Central Highlands
- Dai Nam Van Hien, Vietnam’s first safari park
- The immense pride of Ninh Binh’s inhabitants
- Enjoy Sa Dec Flower Gardens!
- My Tho fruit market
- Ba Li Stream, a new destination
- Sam Mountain - a place of pilgrimage for the Vietnamese
- Oc-Eo Remains Site
- Ton Thanh Pagoda – the national vestige
- Binh Ta Archaeological Vestiges
- Beautiful birds in Bac Lieu
- Hon Khoai Island, primeval and interesting...
- Song Ngu – an interesting island!
- Cu Lao Cham, the beautiful offshore island
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Nguom Ngao Cave with masterpiece in stone
- Spectacular Tien Son Cave
- Da Lat flowers
- Bac Ha Market, feast for the eyes!