Ban Gioc Waterfall on the Quy Xuan River is located in Cao Bang Province, nears the Sino-Vietnamese border. The waterfall falls thirty meters. It is separated into three falls by rocks and trees, and the thundering effect of the water hitting the cliffs can be heard kilometers away from Trung Khanh.
Ban Doc Waterfall is situated in Dam Thuy Commune, Trung Khanh District. The Quay Son River rises from China flowing into our country in Po Peo (Ngoc Khe Commune) and to communes including Dinh Phong and Chi Vien. When it reaches Dam Thuy Commune of Trung Khanh District, the mild river circles around Co Muong mountain bottom and flows to rice fields of Dam Thuy towards the large maize alluvial plain of Ban Gioc village. Here, the flow divides into many branches and lowers its flow to creat Ban Gioc Waterfall.
Water from Quy Xuan River falling down on the stone creates water droplets columns that can be seen from a distance. The temperature near the waterfall is remarkably cool, due to the water mist in the air. At the foot of the waterfall is a large river, as calm as glass, surrounded by many precious kinds of flowers. Ban Gioc Fall is famous for a famous fish named “tram huong”. In the early 1920s, French people started building cottages on the river banks. They would come here to relax, fish for “tram huong”, and hunt deer.
The sight in Ban Gioc Waterfall bears a poetic, fresh, quiet beauty of water, forest and cloud area mixed with village atmosphere of mountainous ethnic minorities. Young people and ethnic people usually sing the impressive verses about the imposing fall:
“Bản Giốc thác nước đẹp sao!
Việt Nam há chẳng thác nào đẹp hơn”
(How wonderful Ban Gioc Waterfall is!
In Vietnam, no another fall can be more beautiful)
So now, why don’t you visit Ban Gioc Waterfall, for sight-seeing, trying to fish for “tram huong” and hunt deer?
More Vietnam Destinations:
- Ha Long Bay – a magnificent magical destination
- Ninh Binh province – a huge tourism potential
- Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Hương) – “the first ranking Southern grotto”
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong, “South second nicest grotto”
- Lai Chau – a beautiful mountainous land
- Sapa, the fanciful town in fog
- Hoi An Old Town – an ancient Beauty of Vietnam
- Mỹ Sơn Holy land – a masterpiece of Chăm Architecture
- Quang Tri and the Demilitarised Zone
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a famous Vietnam’s historical relic
- Da Lat – a flowerful town of romance
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Coconut palms, the symbol of Ben Tre
- Floating markets – the outstanding in Mekong Delta
- The Temple honoring the Kings of Ly Dynasty